• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Calling a Prostitute a Prostitute Can Kena 3 Months!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>4493.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>US blogger sentenced to three months in Singapore jail

8 hours ago
<TABLE id=ss cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>
ALeqM5g8JdK9eMF4sn_pEHF-M8HZCG7yFQ

</TD></TR><TR><TD id=ss-caption colSpan=3>Gopalan Nair</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
SINGAPORE (AFP) — An American blogger has been sentenced to three months' jail for accusing a Singapore judge of "prostituting herself," he told AFP on Thursday.
"I think I will appeal," Gopalan Nair, 58, said in a brief telephone interview with AFP.
An official with the Supreme Court did not provide details but confirmed the sentence, which was issued Wednesday.
Local newspapers said Nair was given until Saturday to settle his affairs before he is taken to prison.
"I'm going to serve the sentence," Nair said, adding he has no regrets. "I only wrote a blog. I didn't go out and kill anybody."
In his blog, Nair had criticised a legal hearing at which Singapore founding father Lee Kuan Yew and his son, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, testified in a defamation case they filed against an opposition party.
Nair was charged with insulting Justice Belinda Ang Saw Ean by saying she was "prostituting herself during the entire proceedings, by being nothing more than an employee of Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his son and carrying out their orders," a court document said.
Justice Ang presided over the defamation hearing. Nair, a former Singapore lawyer and now a US citizen, had denied the charge of insulting a public servant.
"You have scandalised and attacked Justice Belinda Ang, the judiciary, and the system of administration of justice in Singapore," Justice Kan Ting Chiu said in sentencing Nair, according to a report in The Straits Times.
"The rights of freedom of speech and expression are qualified and... do not entitle you to insult Justice Ang in the way that you have done."
While he had no regrets, Nair told AFP that maybe his language could have been "a bit moderated."
Nair could have been jailed for up to one year and fined 5,000 Singapore dollars (3,500 US) on the charge of insulting a public servant.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g_-nIBIauDZSr9xDuY8K2Ja8usOw
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kitkat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling a Prostitute a Prostitute Can Kena 3 Months!

The prostitute might be insulted :p

Powerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>4493.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>US blogger sentenced to three months in Singapore jail

8 hours ago
<TABLE id=ss cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>
ALeqM5g8JdK9eMF4sn_pEHF-M8HZCG7yFQ

</TD></TR><TR><TD id=ss-caption colSpan=3>Gopalan Nair</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
SINGAPORE (AFP) — An American blogger has been sentenced to three months' jail for accusing a Singapore judge of "prostituting herself," he told AFP on Thursday.
"I think I will appeal," Gopalan Nair, 58, said in a brief telephone interview with AFP.
An official with the Supreme Court did not provide details but confirmed the sentence, which was issued Wednesday.
Local newspapers said Nair was given until Saturday to settle his affairs before he is taken to prison.
"I'm going to serve the sentence," Nair said, adding he has no regrets. "I only wrote a blog. I didn't go out and kill anybody."
In his blog, Nair had criticised a legal hearing at which Singapore founding father Lee Kuan Yew and his son, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, testified in a defamation case they filed against an opposition party.
Nair was charged with insulting Justice Belinda Ang Saw Ean by saying she was "prostituting herself during the entire proceedings, by being nothing more than an employee of Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his son and carrying out their orders," a court document said.
Justice Ang presided over the defamation hearing. Nair, a former Singapore lawyer and now a US citizen, had denied the charge of insulting a public servant.
"You have scandalised and attacked Justice Belinda Ang, the judiciary, and the system of administration of justice in Singapore," Justice Kan Ting Chiu said in sentencing Nair, according to a report in The Straits Times.
"The rights of freedom of speech and expression are qualified and... do not entitle you to insult Justice Ang in the way that you have done."
While he had no regrets, Nair told AFP that maybe his language could have been "a bit moderated."
Nair could have been jailed for up to one year and fined 5,000 Singapore dollars (3,500 US) on the charge of insulting a public servant.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g_-nIBIauDZSr9xDuY8K2Ja8usOw
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
You're right. This prostitute should be called 'Sex Work Executive'.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You simply cannot get away with such prostituted remark on a just,fair and honest judge! In other countries, you don't go to jail for such grand insult and injury.You go to the crocodiles-infested swamps! Count your lucky stars okay! Free hotel and free meals somemore want to complain!!!

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the title is of this thread is posted wrongly !! Cos i don't think you'll get charge calling a Prostitude a ' Prostitude' ok! He's being charge for Defamation here cos She's a Judge not a Prostitude.....:wink: