• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

singapore's singaporean ?

ben_cooldude

Alfrescian
Loyal
i felt "great" when in 2002, it was announced that the olympics 2008 will be held in beijing;

"angry" when the torchbearers were disrupted in their run at those western countries, along with some announcement by politian leaders to boycott the opening of the olympics;

"sad" when china was devastated by the earthquakes and floods .....

am i "less" singaporean just b'cos i felt that way ? i've got an "ang moh" singaporean friend who basically chided me on that .......

Singapore hater

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
am i "less" singaporean just b'cos i felt that way ? i've got an "ang moh" singaporean friend who basically chided me on that .......

I am ethnic Chinese Singaporean but to me, I have nothing to do with China at all. It is not my country. :(

The only thing the same is the skin colour but it means nothing today. Many Russians and Americans have same skin colour but so what. Does not mean that they like each other or feel proud for each other. :rolleyes:

lecher

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometime, i feel like i really love singapore but at certain times, i could not accept certain policies that were introduced ...... guess it's like having a wife, you have to accept her in all, be it good or bad ......

perhaps we share the same skin colour since we are chinese but if we were to look in a different manner, ie, china could be the mistress, you can only feel sommething for her but utimately, singapore is the wife .... agree ?

Last edited:

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
i felt "great" when in 2002, it was announced that the olympics 2008 will be held in beijing;

"angry" when the torchbearers were disrupted in their run at those western countries, along with some announcement by politian leaders to boycott the opening of the olympics;

Well I take it that you are an ethnic chinese and have confused racial pride with national pride. As an ethnic chinese I feel vidicated with China's growth and since I still have relatives there I do have some attachments to that country. Personally it's racial not national.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did he chid you because he hates China or hes doing it because of other reasons?

Any sane people will feel sad for those who lose their families in natural disaster.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal

i share your feelings about China. I wish China well.

as for your 'ang moh' singaporean friend - it is your values, you are not imposing it on him, why is he/she imposing his/hers on you?!!! Just tell that person off.