• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jaslyn Go questioned by police

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - Jaslyn Go questioned by police</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">SDPpolorules <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">6:23 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>3504.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">It's official - promoting a cause is illegal: Part I </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top>Friday, 12 September 2008 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
jaslyngo.jpg
Singapore Democrats

Ms Jaslyn Go walked into the police station on 10 Sep 08 to be questioned for being part of an illegal assembly on National Day this year. The group of activists were distributing Tak Boleh Tahan! flyers at Toa Payoh Central.

So what did Ms Go wear for the interview? The Tak Boleh Tahan! T-shirt. It certainly caught the attention of the officers manning the reception counter.

After being greeted by Inspector Tan Sin Choon, Ms Go was ushered into the interview room. When the Inspector started with his questions, Ms Go started with her note-taking.

"You don't have to take notes while I'm questioning you, you can copy later. I'll show you the statement at the end," Inspector Tan said.

When he was done with the questions, Ms Go asked why it was illegal on some occasions to distribute flyers and not on others.

"Pamphleting is not illegal but promoting a campaign or a cause is illegal," replied the Inspector.

What? Real or not? Since when did promoting a cause or a campaign become illegal? How do these guys come up with such things, anyway?

"Go and ask a lawyer," the officer said. "Or go to the AG Chamber's website. Next time if you are unclear go to the police post first and get clearance on whether something is illegal or not before you support it." Ms Go was beginning to wonder if she was living in Pyongyang.

Apparently perturbed by her taking down his every word, the officer quickly showed her the section of the Miscellaneous Offences Act, citing that promoting a campaign and cause is an offence. (We'll talk more about what the Act says in Part II.)

Asked why the police have not taken action against other political parties conducting similar activities, the officer replied that it was because the police did not receive any calls about them.

What about the police statement saying that the Tak Boleh Tahan activity held on 1 May 08, where activists were also distributing flyers at Toa Payoh Central, was legal? Inspector Tan said he was not aware of that and asked Ms Go to send him the information.

Perhaps, the good Inspector should meet with his superiors once in a while and get clued in to what's going on at his station.

But was the Inspector really so clueless or was he just playing games? When asked the same question by another activist he interviewed, the Inspector revealed that the 1 May TBT event was just distributing flyers. The 9 Aug TBT event is different -- it was promoting a cause.

If you're thoroughly confused at this point, it's okay, you're not alone. The inanity of the answer notwithstanding, why did Inspector Tan give two different answers to the same question?

When the questioning was over and the statement finally shown to her, Ms Go started jotting down its content. "You can't copy my questions, you can only copy your answers," the officer said.

"How do I know what question I am answering if I don't copy down the questions especially when most of my answers are 'Yes' and 'No'?"

Appropriately stumped, the Inspector reached for his handy-dandy, evade-all-hard-questions, civil-service-manual answer: "It's the rule."

That's the nub of the problem: It's the rule -- real or not, it's the rule.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/1040-its-official-promoting-a-cause-is-illegal-part-i

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV2008081820401000-1.jpg

Hey! I only said "mee siam, mai hum", NOT "mee siam, mai hiam", OK? Or izzit the other way round? Blah! *hee*hee*

confused%20dog20.jpg

Huh?

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is obviously having a fun time and a way to get free publicity!
What cause? She is promoting herself like Chee and his sister.
Too free, that's why is invited to Bukit Merah to lim kopi!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She is obviously having a fun time and a way to get free publicity!
What cause? She is promoting herself like Chee and his sister.
Too free, that's why is invited to Bukit Merah to lim kopi!

People try to create awareness and stand up for a cause and you are here saying they are trying selfishly getting free advert for their ownself.

This sort of standing up for a cause is very common in other countries, only those frog in the well shit and PAP supporting bodies cowardly spill shit to those who are courageous.

Selfish and cowardice are for those who change laws to suit themselves and keep themselves in power while stupid sinkies follow it blindly.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone tell me what the f88k is the meaning of:

PAMPHLETING ??

KNN..... as an inspector, what kind of f88king language is that ??

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Waoh. I really respect her some more she is lady. Many guy don't even dare.
She have natural skill/talent become lawyer in US.
Write down all the question and answer. For me never think of this. Next time if I kena question, I will do the same things.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys don't have the guts because they will get it come reservist, or suddenly they find themselves called up for a tough reservist posting.

The PAP doesn't want to be seen 'bullying' ladies or schoolgirls, so these people are the best candidates to be activists.