• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S$1.5m worth of food vouchers to help the needy cope with inflation

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$1.5m worth of food vouchers to help the needy cope with inflation

By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 20 July 2008 2024 hrs

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD align=right width=240>
phpCdLaYv.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height=60> </TD><TD class=update vAlign=top height=60><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=138 bgColor=#f6f6f6>Photos </TD><TD width=47 bgColor=#f6f6f6>1 of 1</TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnPrev disabled onclick=Prev(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" value="<< Previous"></TD><TD width=19 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=bntPlay onclick=Play() type=image height=15 width=19 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" value="Play - Stop"></TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnNext disabled onclick=Next(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" value=" Next >> "></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
dotline_240.gif

A wet market in Singapore</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD class=update> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=240 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Related Videos </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>
shim.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>S$1.5m worth of food vouchers to help the needy cope with inflation</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left background=images/dotline_240.gif>
shim.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SINGAPORE: NTUC FairPrice Foundation, a charity under the supermarket chain, will distribute S$1.5 million worth of food vouchers to help needy families cope with the rising cost of living in Singapore.

The amount is half a million dollars more than what was given out last year under the FairPrice Million Dollar Food Voucher Scheme.

The vouchers will be distributed through grassroots and welfare organisations.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong received the giant cheque from FairPrice chairman, Ng Ser Miang, at the Racial Harmony Fiesta at Jalan Kayu.

The event featured multi-racial performances and blessings by representatives from Singapore's main religious groups.

Mr Lee noted that racial harmony in Singapore is unique and precious.

He also urged Singaporeans not to let religious tensions outside the country affect ties within Singapore.

Mr Lee said: "We have to be conscious of this and make a special effort to say, 'We are Singaporeans. Whatever the difficulties elsewhere, let us not affect my relations with my colleagues, with my neighbours, with my comrades, with my NS battalion, with my friends whom I have known all my life'."

Singapore is in the midst of marking Racial Harmony Month, a time to celebrate and take stock of the country's ethnic diversity.

- CNA/ir

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On Sunday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong received the giant cheque from FairPrice chairman, Ng Ser Miang, at the Racial Harmony Fiesta at Jalan Kayu.

He also urged Singaporeans not to let religious tensions outside the country affect ties within Singapore.

Mr Lee said: "We have to be conscious of this and make a special effort to say, 'We are Singaporeans. Whatever the difficulties elsewhere, let us not affect my relations with my colleagues, with my neighbours, with my comrades, with my NS battalion, with my friends whom I have known all my life'."
- CNA/ir

NS battalion? i tot he a BG, shd command an unit at least a Brigade in size.:rolleyes: