• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CTL felt stressed out

LadySophistica

Oh where does the time go? Does anyone know?

These days, in the midst of scrambling left right centre, all over the place, a tune keeps playing in my head, Julia Fordham’s “Where does the time go? Does anyone know?” drones on and on and on.

I cannot help it if that particular verse in the chorus keeps calling out to me, especially so when I have been wondering, i am busy all the time, but i cant seem to be getting peak productivity. This is even so after frivolous activities of leisure have been cut down to the bone.

I sleep early at night. Wake up early in the morning to lengthen the day but somehow, it still does not make it. I try to make a rather naughty blog post and end up editing its direction a couple of times and then i realise. Its fatigue!

The fatigue from running the court cases flowing from involvement with Gopalan Nair, Dr. Chee Soon Juan and other protestors are taking a toll. Especially for Gopalan’s mentions, all of which seem to involve so much time including the stand downs which makes things so much more draggy.

The mention for Gopalan Nair in court 26 on Monday 14th July 2008 was an example. Prosecution appeared in Court dealing with all 4 charges. I was only instructed on 2 and i have not had time to consider whether or not to take up the other 2. I needed just a little time to speak to Nair. The Court wanted to stand the matter down by 1.5 hours to 11am. Luckily i had the mind to insist that i needed just a moment and a stand down to 11 am was not required. I spent 10 minutes with Gopalan Nair and then i was ready to address the Court. Not wanting to wait for a PTC on 24th July 2008, we ended up with another PTC on 16th July 2008.

This meant that my entire week had been fixed with one court appearance for either Dr. Chee, Nair or myself every single day.

So much so that it seems that i have fallen a little behind on my professional obligations. On Wednesday itself after obtaining Mr. Nair’s trial dates (24th July Full day , 28th July AM, 29th July PM, 30th July PM, 31st July Full day, 6th August Full day) which were fixed in the midst of my having to appear in other courts for other matters, I having received news that a District Judge had been chasing me for my long overdue submissions for another matter and i realised what i had to do.

I realised that i had also opted to write this blogpost because i wanted to avoid that mental grind needed to get the original post publishable. As of now, i might have spent a total of 2-3 solid weeks of running around those cases which naturally meant 2 - 3 weeks of time less from my professional obligations over the last 1.5 months. No wonder i am feeling the strain.

I have been fortunate as Dr. Chee is very much willing to handle his trial in the Subordinate Courts himself. Dr. Chee’s trial was supposed to start from 14th July 2008 till 8th August 2008.

And since that i have now also found out that Mr. Gopalan Nair is willing as well, I will have my little breather to find that point of balance again.

I guess i should be much more effective in a couple of weeks when my professional obligations are fully discharged. This might also leave me with a little time for some music.

Now where did that Julia Fordham compact disc disappear to?

http://chiatilik.wordpress.com/2008/07/17/oh-where-does-the-time-go-does-anyone-know/

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because not all stresses are created equal. Pro bono stress and billable stress are two different kinds of stresses.
A responsible lawyer (I will regard CTL as 1) will do their utmost best for the cases they take up, irregardless whether it is pro bono or billable..

If you are really concern whether CTL fight for GN on a pro bono or billable basis, you can always drop him a email or on his blog to ask, rather than asking anyone else but him..I believe he will be the best person to answer your concern..

ektay

Alfrescian
Loyal
A responsible lawyer (I will regard CTL as 1) will do their utmost best for the cases they take up, irregardless whether it is pro bono or billable..

If you are really concern whether CTL fight for GN on a pro bono or billable basis, you can always drop him a email or on his blog to ask, rather than asking anyone else but him..I believe he will be the best person to answer your concern..

SGL 9766 T

i am watching........haha.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've no particular interest personally, just casually following a thread started by another forummer that happened to feature C.T.L. The lawyer in question may be anyone, not necessarily C.T.L., and I would still be following the same line of discussion.

Last edited:

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've no particular interest personally, just casually following a thread started by another forummer that happened to feature C.T.L. The lawyer in question may be anyone, not necessarily C.T.L., and I would still be following the same line of discussion.
hmmm..ok..

just amazing if you are not particularly interested to know..why am I seeing your posting from old sbf to new sbf posing the same question :-)

unless u suddenly taken a interest in CTL, (from your queries about his legal fees, to his appeal together with us for lawyers to come forward to his forming of SGHR / F4)...

ahh...nevermind...

:-)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not attacking C.T.L. There's no need for any defender or spokesperson. He may be too busy or stressed out to be concerned with a little passing query like this.

My interest is in the matter and the principle, not the person. Let's put it this way. If Sylvia Lim is practising and is in the same situation, I would have also asked the same question. You've seen me asking questions of my friends Goh Meng Seng and Locke Liberal in public forum before. I go for the issue, not the person.

You're defending the person and not addressing the issue. You seem to assume that I harbour certain enmity towards C.T.L., and questioning with some ulterior motive. Let me assure you, this is not the case. For example, when you raised the issue of Y.S.L. voting for PAP, Meng Seng questioned your motive, but I addressed the issue.

hmmm..ok..

just amazing if you are not particularly interested to know..why am I seeing your posting from old sbf to new sbf posing the same question :-)

unless u suddenly taken a interest in CTL, (from your queries about his legal fees, to his appeal together with us for lawyers to come forward to his forming of SGHR / F4)...

ahh...nevermind...

:-)

Last edited:

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not attacking C.T.L. There's no need for any defender or spokesperson. He may be too busy or stressed out to be concerned with a little passing query like this.

My interest is in the matter and the principle, not the person. Let's put it this way. If Sylvia is practising and is in the same situation, I would have asked the same question.

You've seen me asking questions of my friends Goh Meng Seng and Locke Liberal in public forum before. I go for the issue. Not the person.
hey cool it..

since when did I say you are attacking CTL?

and FYI, CTL need no defender when he is much more capable of defending himself..

I am merely pointing out your posting that I have read regarding CTL so far...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
so chiatilik now is also LADY SOHISTICA. just how many nics can one have here? there is no control and no limit is it?

mustpaycashhhh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heheheh. LADY SOPHISTICA???

Don't pletend pletend. We know u r dat O level Rot Chick wif 2 kids lah. Cum here to promote your lawyer Chia issit? Heheheh everybody know your agenda lah.

Such low crass singkie mentality will alway remain low crass lah.

mustpaycashhhh

Alfrescian
Loyal
To RAMSETH:
<I'm not attacking C.T.L. There's no need for any defender or spokesperson. He may be too busy or stressed out to be concerned with a little passing query like this.

My interest is in the matter and the principle, not the person. Let's put it this way. If Sylvia Lim is practising and is in the same situation, I would have also asked the same question. You've seen me asking questions of my friends Goh Meng Seng and Locke Liberal in public forum before. I go for the issue, not the person.>

Aiyo brother, you wasting your time to teach a crass dog new classy tricks lah. They can only attack the person, because they no have intellectual depth to fathom or argue the issue. These people you-know-who are emotional, not intellectual. Whatever intellect you mistakenly see from them show is superficial one, like the Ah Lian thinking she got class because she carry LV bag.