• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Has wrong become right?

nhg007

Ren Ci/Shi Ming Yi alleged CBT case reminds me of what MM Lee Kuan Yew said in January this year of ex-President Suharto of Indonesia: "Yes, there was corruption. Yes, he gave favours to his family and his friends. But there was real growth and real progress. I think the people of Indonesia are lucky. They had a general in charge, had a team of competent administrators – including a very good team of economists to build up the country."

There was "real growth and real progress" in both NKF and Ren Ci! The "general in charge" and their "team of competent administrators' were at their best when it came to milking money out of the public with their song and dance!

Breach of trust, criminal or not, leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. The father-in-law of the Great-Grandma of my grand-daughter, yes, my Grandpa, taught me this when I was a kid:
"When you lose your wealth, you lose nothing;
When you lose your health, you lose something;
When you lose your integrity, you lose everything".

He taught me that if I lose my money, I can get it back through hard work and enterprise. If I lost my health (like my heart attack) it depends on how bad the health challenge is. However, if I lost my integrity, my trustworthiness, nobody would even touch me with a ten-foot pole. It's the beginning of the end!

It's been more than forty years since Grandpa passed on and it's more than fifty years that he passed me this gem that has been my guiding light. Does not make me rich but helps me build honest lasting relationships with many and makes me happy even after suffering a heart attack :smile:

What have I learned from NKF since Durai was judged guilty? What am I learning from Ren Ci where Ming Yi is now under the heat? Great-Grandma of my grand-daughter says, "Gian Lui, Gian Chay Wee, Hai See Kar Ki, Lor." roughly translated: "Greed for Money and Power/Position Hurts/Kills Oneself". Root of All Evils?

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right is right, wrong is wrong. Cronyism and courrption will alway bring down any country in the long run so how can it be right? The two run contrary to the idea of for the good of the people.

thomas88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of who that person is, if he start abusing the trust of the people then he deserve no forgiveness and should be punish double the price.

It's like the buddhist saying.......A holy man who commits a sin will get double the retributions than a commoner for he has already commited to doing the good. :rolleyes:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breach of trust, criminal or not, leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. The father-in-law of the Great-Grandma of my grand-daughter, yes, my Grandpa, taught me this when I was a kid:
"When you lose your wealth, you lose nothing;
When you lose your health, you lose something;
When you lose your integrity, you lose everything".

He taught me that if I lose my money, I can get it back through hard work and enterprise. If I lost my health (like my heart attack) it depends on how bad the health challenge is. However, if I lost my integrity, my trustworthiness, nobody would even touch me with a ten-foot pole. It's the beginning of the end!

It's been more than forty years since Grandpa passed on and it's more than fifty years that he passed me this gem that has been my guiding light. Does not make me rich but helps me build honest lasting relationships with many and makes me happy even after suffering a heart attack :smile:

Yes, your grandfather is wise to give you such a gem. Integrity is important. Sadly our society values economic progress than social and culture progress.

slurpoyster

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is a man of vision. I wonders whether is he preparing us Sillyporeans?

"Yes, there was corruption." - still in power so unsure
"Yes, he gave favours to his family and his friends." - singtel (resigned) & temasek etc
"But there was real growth and real progress" - true lah....in general

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee Kuan Yew said in January this year of ex-President Suharto of Indonesia: "Yes, there was corruption. Yes, he gave favours to his family and his friends. But there was real growth and real progress. I think the people of Indonesia are lucky. They had a general in charge, had a team of competent administrators – including a very good team of economists to build up the country."

hmm is he trying to justify for himself...? but some times come of think of it...the filipinas and indonesian weren't that bad off when they were under the dictatorship of marcos and suharto...like the old man say...at least they had progress and growth...at least they didn't have to be exported as maids...

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...Sadly our society values economic progress than social and culture progress.
yes, tis is reality. u need the money to survive. all of us are money slaves or else we work hard and earn money surely not for fun.

sum might tink Integrity? it cant fill my stomach when im hungry.
ppl step on each other to climb higher in their career.

humans nw has turn ugly, but wat to do? no money u cant survive.

can we say they r wrong? or they r rite? life is contradicting.

imho, as long wat u do, u can slp soundly at nite can liao.

mentos1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue of corruption will always be there. The reason is simple because people has desires. Sometimes they will do whatever it takes to fulfil that desires of theirs. It is even easier when someone offers it to them just for a small help for them.

For economic growth wise, i believe that in the early stages of growth of a nation, there must be corruption present. It is to make things easier for people to invest in the country and do away with all the red tapes. If one carefully studies the economy growth and the political situation, there will be corruption present at that early stage.

Yet, when it reaches the mid or late stage of development, then corruption must be 'killed off' in a sense because at this time, the laws must be strictly enforced to ensure property and individual rights.

That why i think sometime a little corruption can be of more benefit than harm. :smile: