• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Here's the kampong spirit that is missing

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://precious-living.com/i-wrestled-a-molester-to-the-ground/

I wrestled a molester to the ground

Last night at about 8pm, I decided to take my bicycle for a spin at East Coast Park. When I reached the HDB void deckarea, I discovered that my bicycle chain had fallen off.

I bent over to fix it. An Indian man cycled past.

After a few minutes, the Indian man turned back and cycled towards me again. I thought he must be thinking of offering to help me fix the bike but I was done so I got up, got on the bike and rode off.

I followed behind him as we were both headed for the bicycle ramp to get onto the street.

police-line-crime-scene.jpg

Just when we got onto a narrow path, a tall man ran towards us. Chasing after him was a cute, short, teenage boy. The teen yelled at us,

“CATCH! (huff! puff!)
CATCH! (huff! huff!)
MO! (huff!
LEST! (huff!)”

The Indian man looked at him then turned to look at me. His eyebrows raised, his eyes widened in shock.​

I was bewildered too. What should we do?

The tall man ran past the Indian guy.

Just when he ran past me, I swerved the bicycle to the right and knocked him on the knees. He hit me on my right cheek to push me off but he had already lost his balance. A few steps later, he fell.
police-line-crime-scene-2.jpg

I immediately turned my bicycle around. I cycled past him and turned to block his getaway path!

The cute, short teenage boy caught up with us and grabbed the collar of the tall man’s shirt. He is so short, his feet was almost lifted off the ground. He yelled,
“MOLEST IS IT?
HUH?
YOU MOLEST?!”​
I could hear the tall man faintly saying no.​

I could also see that the teen is struggling to keep hold of the bloke. I contemplated getting off my bum to help him but just then, another guy ran from behind the teen to help.

Another one arrived. And another. Before I knew it, a group of about 7 guys had surrounded.

They started to punched him so I asked the Indian man to quickly call the police. ( I didn’t have my phone with me).

I yelled at the teen,

“CALL THE POLICE LAH. BEAT HIM UP FOR WHAT?!”​

He yelled back with a huge grin on his face, “CALLING!” and waved his phone in the air.
I left the Indian man in charge and continued cycling to East Coast Park. C’os you know, a superhero never stays at a scene for long. *cough*

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
Story is a bit confusing..

Author is a girl.

I think she and the Indian stopped the tall man who had molested someone.

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally funny hilarious and funny. Dun understand what the whole story is about??:confused: Can explain more in detail please??

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ze author wasn't playing mahjong :wink: ... if he/she did, no such story 2 tell oredi ... :p

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not mistake kampung spirit with vigilante action.

Vigilantism is so far removed from first world standards. See the description of the perpetrator being hammered by 7. Tht is not kampung spirit/standard at all.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Kampung spirit" is a dangerous concept that helps unite people together. Fascist leegimes are most afraid of the people uniting as one.

dethknight

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore its more of a KPO spirit. Main intention not to help but to satisfy own curiosity. And on the way heng heng help someone unintentionally. :p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's nothing wrong with not helping out at a scene of crime in a big city environment where all parties are strangers. First, there's the risk of injury or even death if someone is armed. Second, there's a risk of a scam setup. In small towns or kampung, it's different, most people know each other. Passers-by passing by scenes of crime are not peculiar to Singapore. It happens it all big cities around the world.