• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC more kiasu than Singaporeans?

S

Smartguy

With more and more PRC people in Singapore, they have become a significant part of our daily lives. What I do notice is that they have somehow acquired our national habits and even surpass us.

When getting onto buses, PRC people are more aggressive than Singaporeans in squeezing in front. They are even more obvious at buffets.... they literally are taking the whole trays of food.

They seem to be very hungry in everything. Are Singaporeans losing their unique characteristic?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
With more and more PRC people in Singapore, they have become a significant part of our daily lives. What I do notice is that they have somehow acquired our national habits and even surpass us.

When getting onto buses, PRC people are more aggressive than Singaporeans in squeezing in front. They are even more obvious at buffets.... they literally are taking the whole trays of food.

They seem to be very hungry in everything. Are Singaporeans losing their unique characteristic?

you haven't been to China, have you?

netuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, I do not think that We, Singaporeans are losing our unique characteristics but rather, the influx of foreign workers that dilutes us.

Try taking in a short hoilday in Bangkok and you will know why lots of Thai retailers hates us.:wink:

gimidy17

Alfrescian
Loyal
...They seem to be very hungry in everything. Are Singaporeans losing their unique characteristic?

Bro Smartguy, in China it is worse than that. Take for example their MRT in Shanghai, their major exchange, like people station (ren ming station...), the volume of human traffic is several times more then our City Hall exchange. Best part it starts to be very crowded from 4pm.. onwards.. Living in their kind of environment, I think you would also be rushing.

1tigerboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Smartguy, in China it is worse than that. Take for example their MRT in Shanghai, their major exchange, like people station (ren ming station...), the volume of human traffic is several times more then our City Hall exchange. Best part it starts to be very crowded from 4pm.. onwards.. Living in their kind of environment, I think you would also be rushing.

In Shanghai, i hate to take their MRT because i can never find a sit, they are too fast, push you:eek: away one.

1tigerboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah so hiong ah? Like that kiasu until chuchap already.:rolleyes:

Ya. they are very hiong, so when the train is coming better stand back, dont stand near the track.

If that time i had a video cam with me i should take it down and post in youtube.

Last edited:

ken6890

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya. they are very hiong, so when the train is coming better stand back, dont stand near the track.

If that time i had a video cam with me i should take it down and post in youtube.

haha bro 1 tigerboy , so next time you got there remember to standby a video cam and post in youtube to share with us hor :biggrin:

1tigerboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha bro 1 tigerboy , so next time you got there remember to standby a video cam and post in youtube to share with us hor :biggrin:

Oct or Nov i will be in Shanghai again, i will take video lol... they are not like Singaporean, they push and push till you are scare lol(unless you are MIC). thats is MIC (make in China). Me push till stand straight and let them go into the train first. Not that i am gentleman because they are so fierce....

ultrashiok

It's true and their kiasuism is not only stronger than ours in daily life, but even more apparent in areas like education and careers.

Working in China, you'll witness far more backstabbing & politiking, no matter which industry you're in.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's true and their kiasuism is not only stronger than ours in daily life, but even more apparent in areas like education and careers.

Working in China, you'll witness far more backstabbing & politiking, no matter which industry you're in.

That is china for you. From the day my china friend told me that both her cousin and she went to a buffet to eat till they fall sick. i know something was amiss.

I ask them why they make themselves suffer, just get the amount till they have enough. They told me that china pple dun not allow others to take advantage of them.

What a great China Philosophy!!!! That is a buffet my dear, nobody is gonna give you less to eat. To be fair, the buffet has a time limited of 1.5 hours for food consumption. I guess that is the limit. But you dun have to eat till you are afraid of being shortchanged and fall sick due to it.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, must understand their culture la ...

When getting onto buses, PRC people are more aggressive than Singaporeans in squeezing in front ...
in prc, dey dun q ... dey push n shove ...

... They are even more obvious at buffets.... they literally are taking the whole trays of food.

u notice dat prc's can eat a lot? ... observe dem, even their small-sized women oso can eat a lot ...

ps: btw ... y tis pg gt music? ... can change music 1 anot? ...

ken6890

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oct or Nov i will be in Shanghai again, i will take video lol... they are not like Singaporean, they push and push till you are scare lol(unless you are MIC). thats is MIC (make in China). Me push till stand straight and let them go into the train first. Not that i am gentleman because they are so fierce....

Thanks for info bro , waiting for you video to share :biggrin:

1tigerboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
in china, y dun u ppl push back??? can 吃豆腐!! keke...

u should try tokyo subway!! :biggrin::mad:

haha, everyone push here and there i try but still lose to them. There is no pretty girl so no point 吃豆腐 !!!

Pretty one all are exported out. some of them are in GL Singapore, some in HK, etc