• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help me help you!

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Letter from a Citizen in Response to NDP Rally Speech
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008
We received the following letter from a reader after he'd heard how the Gahmen will help Singaporeans deal with rising costs. We neh write this, just passing it on, hor:

Dear Prime Minister,

We citizens of Singapore urge you to PLEASE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

We DO NOT NEED your help. Every time, you mention HELP, we have to run for cover!!!

Help the poor? Raise GST!

Help traffic flow? Up ERP!

Help passenger service? Up Bus fare/MRT fare!

Help us get taxi? Raise taxi fare!

Help us get good government? Raise Minister and Civil servants' salary!

Everytime YOU WANT TO HELP, we all PAY FOR IT!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU...TOLONG LAH, please, we will HELP OURSELVES, no need your help liao.

We DARE NOT ask for help any more!!!

Sir, most honoured sir, I urge you NOT TO HELP Singapore INVEST also!

Everytime your wife invest, we all lose money! Kao liao, kam siah!

Just let us have a dose of bad governance, like recently the Mat Alamak case, like dat....so far, it is ok, your incompetence, we ACCEPT!

PLEASE DO NOT help us have better security! Wait we all kena PAY FOR
IT!!

I believe ALL SINGAPOREANS PREFER NOT TO HAVE CRUTCH MENTALITY!

I think it is ok lah, please just take your salary and enjoy life ok?

Thank you thank you,

I am very chin chai one, any how any how, no need to help oso can one.

--A Citizen

http://www.talkingcock.com/html/article.php?sid=2618

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
xcellent! ... or like wat my downstairs kopitiam ah peks say ... 好野! 冇得頂! ... :p :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is good one. Can make it next years NDP song.
Song title "Help me Help you"

Help me help you
Make Singapore a better place,
We help the poor? Raise GST!
Help traffic flow? Up ERP!
Help passenger service? Up Bus fare/MRT fare!
Help us get taxi? Raise taxi fare!

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this thread deserves to be stickied :smile:
I've read that stuff countless times n' can't stop laughing over n' over again :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE : There are currently no plans to set up Electronic Road Pricing gantries in the underground portion of the Central Expressway, said Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Transport Teo Ser Luck in Parliament on Wednesday.

This is because it does not pose as much of a safety risk as the nine-kilometre-long Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE).

But if the safety situation changes or travel speeds fall below the threshold level of 45 kilometres per hour, gantries will be installed and activated.

Mr Teo was responding to questions from MPs on whether gantries would be built on other expressways in anticipation of slower traffic flows.

He explained that as three-quarters of the nine-kilometre KPE is underground, the impact of an incident there would "multiply many fold" if traffic is congested.

So authorities are making the upfront investment of some S$24 million to build the 16 gantries first, even though not all of them will be activated when the KPE opens in September.

Mr Teo said: "The rationale is unique to the KPE in view of the safety concerns and is not applied to arterial roads or other expressways on the surface.
"The 16 gantries... (are) on the entries and exits... So based on the distance and where there are exits, we place the installation of the gantries accordingly..."

The government is helping us again, looking out for our safety on the roads. Yipee!